DORSET HOUSE LUXURY SELF CATERING
For the majority of the year Dorset House operates as an award winning B&B but for a few weeks of the year, we make the whole house available as a luxury self catering holiday rental. The house has five bedrooms, all of which are ensuite, and comfortably sleeps 10 plus a sofa bed available for extra children.
Dorset House sits a short walk up the hill from the hub of Lyme Regis and therefore benefits from glorious sea views. Plentiful stylish communal spaces are available for eating and relaxing such as the veranda which is a lovely space for evening drinks while the patio allows for barbequeing those Mackerel you’ve caught in the bay. Our kitchen is very well equipped with an induction range oven and all you need to rustle up a feast for your party.
Perfect for family get togethers or special birthdays, Dorset House is the perfect space to cosy up to celebrate Christmas or New Year in front of the log burner. The spacious and light filled dining room is the perfect setting for special meals and catering can be arranged.
We believe that luxurious bedding is key to a relaxing break away so hand made Naturalmat beds are dressed with crisp sheets and goose down or wool duvets and pillows. Original shutters, blackout curtains and that all important sea air ensure a great nights sleep.
All rooms have free WiFi, TVs with DVD player and iPod docks – although most guests enjoy leaving technology aside to take in the views.
- Large, fully equipped kitchen with induction range cooker, American style Fisher & Paykel fridge freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, coffee grinder, toaster.
- Kitchen table with seating for 10 (to keep the chef company). Kitchen sofa and armchairs.
- Plentiful crockery, cutlery, pots and pans and utensils.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack for washing / wetsuits.
- Free wifi throughout the house, bluetooth speaker.
- Large dining room with log burner and table to seat up to 14.
- Snug with log burner and bar.
- Cinema room with projector TV, sofas, DVDs.
- Sunny veranda with seating, outdoor heaters and sea views.
- Patio with bar-b-que and seating
Dorset House luxury self catering rental has five individually designed rooms, most with sea views:
- Lighthouse – Superking bed (can be configured as twin) with large ensuite and additional lounge area with sofa bed. Sea views
- Sea View – Superking bed (can be configured as twin) with large ensuite. Sea views
- Fossil – King bed with small ensuite. Sea views
- Church View – King bed with tiny ensuite. Sea glimpses
- Porthole – King bed and ensuite.
All beds are dressed with 400TC Egyptian cotton linen over goose down or wool duvets and pillows. Large fluffy towels and bathrobes are included. TVs and radio / iPod docks and hairdryers are in each room.
Each bedroom is ensuite and there is an additional bathroom on the ground floor as follows:
- Lighthouse ensuite – large walk in rain shower, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail and underfloor heating
- Sea View ensuite – large walk in rain shower, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail and underfloor heating. Sea views from the shower
- Fossil ensuite – small room with large walk in rain shower, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
- Church View ensuite – very small room with walk in rain shower, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail and underfloor heating
- Porthole ensuite – large walk in rain shower, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail and underfloor heating.
- Beach bathroom – ground floor bathroom with roll top bath, sink and toilet. Heated towel rail.
The house has large, efficient boilers so hot water is plentiful. Gorgeous Bramley toiletries are supplied in each bathroom so you need not bring anything from home other than beach towels.
We have two parking spaces at the back of the house. Other parking spaces can easily be found nearby either on street (free) or in the local car park (Holmbush).
To see available dates and prices, please click here.
Please call us for more information and to book
Dorset House is situated a couple of hundred metres from the main town high street. The beaches of Lyme Regis are a short walk away for fossil hunting, sunbathing and water sports, as are the famed Dorset foodie delights. Mark Hix’s Oyster and Fish House is a couple of minutes walk away and River Cottage HQ is only a 10 minute drive. We are also within striking distance of the South West Coast Path.