We firmly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Locally sourced, homemade food is our passion and we do our utmost to ensure that you enjoy a hearty and healthy start to the day.
We make every effort to source local, organic food where possible. Where we cannot source organic produce locally, we prefer to source an ethical local option rather than ship in organic produce from further afield.
Please see below for some of our favourite fabulous suppliers:
- Coffee – our own Dorset House blend is made by Dave from Crankhouse Coffee in Exeter. We love Dave’s passion for roasting.
- Tea – our various loose leaf teas are from Comins Tea Shop in Sturminster Newton (North Dorset). Rob and Michelle source the tea themselves and have recently opened a second tea shop in Bath.
- Dairy – our creamy unhomogenized, organic milk, yogurt and butter comes from a Jersey herd at Ivy House Farm in Somerset.
- Bacon and Sausages – direct from DownHouse Farm, based just over Golden Cap in Eype. Free range White Duroc Organic pigs are raised in outstanding conditions for the tastiest, most ethical meat. We’ve never tasted a better breakfast sausage.
- Flour – for our homemade organic breads and cakes is from Shipton Mill or Doves Farm for Gluten Free
- Eggs – our organic eggs are from Haye Farm in Musbury – a couple of miles away.
- Fruit and veg – are sourced either direct from Trill Farm in Musbury or Millers Farm Shop who buy direct from local producers and their own local farm.
- Gelato – Baboo Gelato in Bridport have been incredibly supportive since they opened in Lyme Regis, working with us to produce our ‘toast and marmalade’ little surprise
Fresh Crankhouse coffee – cafetiere, cappuccino, espresso etc.
Comins fine tea – English Breakfast, First Flush Darjeeling, Dong Ding (delicate Oolong tea), Gunpowder (smoky smooth Green tea)
A variety of other teas including Fresh Mint, Earl Grey, Herbal.
Organic Hot Chocolate
To start (on the sideboard):
Apple and Rhubarb Juice, Orange Juice
Homemade organic Granola
Fresh fruit salad or fruit compote (depending on season)
Organic Brown Cow Natural Yogurt
Cake of the day (you’re on holiday)
Fruit bowl of seasonal fruit
Full Dorset Breakfast Including:
Sausage (Pork Classic), Bacon (Thick Unsmoked Back)
Organic eggs (done your way – poached, scrambled, or fried)
Baked tomato, Baked Portobello mushrooms
Baked beans (organic sun-ripened tomato sauce with Paprika & Maple)
Selection of toasted homemade organic breads
Or if you prefer something different, choose from:
Vegetarian Breakfast with home made sausage (squash, seeds and feta), spinach, eggs, tomato, mushrooms, beans
Superfood porridge (with choice of almond milk, coconut oil, cashew butter, goji berries, cocoa nibs, banana, natural yogurt)
Baked garlic and lemon mushrooms on sourdough
Spelt pancakes with berry compote or bacon (choice of syrups or honey)
(Poached eggs and bacon on our sourdough with hollandaise)
We have other alternative fun breakfast specials on the board which change daily and we’re happy to try anything else you fancy if we have the ingredients.